Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thesis previews of a sort.

So...some comics for once, perhaps? That IS what I do, after all. lolz. XD;;

First assignment of the class, we had to do 2 1-page comics on a myth, literal and modern. I did the myth of Dionysus, with imagery based upon a Grecian bowl replica someone lent me for inspiration:


The modern one. This was obviously done in a rush, as I had just come home from a lousy night of work and had to do this stupid comic. Honestly I forget what I was thinking, but it helped me feel better? XD
Finally, onto the actual thesis. This is the lineart of Page 9:
Colored version, dunno if I'm happy with it but eh it's done:
First page of my thesis. I am quite happy with this one...I hope I don't screw it up in the colors. Should be interesting.
I have more I could show, but I guess that's good enough for now.

So I am doing the abduction of Persephone, but literally translating it into a modern satire, intending to show just how morally wrong these myths are when you think about them. The designs are from Asian art; the Chokkoman and Dotaku patterns. Later I am also incorporating the Japanese folktale clouds in later scenes in gold paint overlay, which literally mean 'this is not real, it is a story,' which is meant to contrast the 'realistic' style of the comic.

okay back to work! I'm supposed to have 5 pages done by tomorrow and I don't even have 2, ahhh~! XD

No comments: